RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V2 #619

michael david sharp (msharp@umich.edu)
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 09:54:51 -0500 (EST) Dave wrote:

>I don't know where you got the idea that we're "revering" pimps, or
>Iceberg Slim as a pimp. But the comment taps into the whole Pimp/Gangsta
>persona that endures even today.

O come on. I quoted material directly and you don't know?? Go look at the
first post by Tosh (I think). I believe the sentence "he could make any
woman his slave" is followed immediately by the assertion that he was "the
man." And I don't know why you think I thought *you* were revering pimps.
The stuff I quoted wasn't from your message. As I said, I love reading
Iceberg Slim. I just think it's . . . interesting how sometimes *certain*
posts really blur the line between revering the writer and revering the
pimp. No need to get so defensive. I think Shakespeare said something
about protesting too much ...

--Michael

#