RARA-AVIS: Used Book Dealers Online

EJM Duggan (ejmd@mcmail.com)
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 05:03:21 -0800 On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, billha@ionet.net (Bill Hagen) wrote:

> Not being near big used bookstores, I used to experience massive
> envy when I read of all your "finds," until a dealer alerted me
> to <www.bibliofind.com>, a website that provides access to the
> holdings of over 3500 bookstores and dealers who specialize in used
> books.

I love getting books via the internet. (I find it quite hard to pass
through a town with a second hand bookshop without going in for a
rummage, but that's another story ... I picked up a near fine Olympia
Press edition of Junkie for two quid about six months ago ...)

Anyway, Bibliofind is pretty good, and I check it out from time to time.

However, my personal favourite is ABE (Advanced Book Exchange), where
you can 'register' wants according to keywords
(authour/title/publisher/edition etc) and *every day* you get an email
(or three) listing that day's goodies ... you can set yourself up as a
user (for free) and change your want list as and when you like. It's
absolutely bloody brilliant!

ED