RARA-AVIS: The Readings

EJM Duggan (ejmd@mcmail.com)
Tue, 08 Dec 1998 06:15:51 -0800 On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, William Denton <buff@vex.net> wrote:

> Here are the contents of the original edition of the book, _The Simple
> Art of Murder_ (Houghton Mifflin, 1950):
>
> * "The Simple Art of Murder"

[SNIP 12 short story titles]

> All these stories are up.

Oh :-#

Sorry. I misunderstood--I thought we had scheduled the essay rather
than the collection. Apologies for any confusion my previous post may
have caused.

There is a set of Chandler stories out in Penguin (all the novels, and
about four short story collections) that are currently available in the
UK. None of these, as far as I recall, has more than about half a dozen
things in. I suspect that the original _Simple Art of Murder_ is split
between a couple of the Penguin collections.

ED