Re: RARA-AVIS: Matt Helm

Robert E. Skinner (rskinner@mail.xula.edu)
Tue, 08 Dec 1998 08:38:27 -0600 rkurtz@compare.net wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> All this talk about Helm has got me interested in finding the series
of books. Well, I don't need the whole series per se, but hitting the
highlights would definitely be wonderful. I've made one or two
half-assed attempts to track them down at the local used stores, but no
luck so far.
Does anyone have some recs. as to the best Matt Helm books, and a place
online where I can find them?>
If you'll forgive some blatant self-promotion, you might want to read a
pair of articles I wrote about Hamilton and the Helm series that appear
in the November 1997 issue of FIRSTS magazine and in Ed Gorman's new
book, THE BIG BOOK OF NOIR. Both include a definitive bibliography of
all his work and discussions of the high spots. Your best bet to find
some of the books is PANDORA'S BOOKS LTD at Box 54, Neche North Dakota
58265. Their website is http://www.pandora.ca/pandora.
--
Robert E. Skinner, Director