Re: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled TV, Deja Dead and Dennis LeHane

Mari Hall (found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net)
Sat, 05 Dec 1998 08:44:46 -0600 Kevin Smith wrote:

> DENNIS LEHANE
> And I'm currently making my way through Dennis LeHane's series of big,
> popular Tinkertoy P.I. novels, hoping all the parts he keeps adding finally
> connect. There's definitely something going on here, but what it is ain't
> perfectly clear....anyone have any thoughts on this series?

I loved the Lehane novels, with the exception of SACRED. I felt this was
too much "romance" and not enought suspense, mystery, thriller,
whatever, it was "romance" plain and simple and not what I expect from
Lehand. GONE BABY GONE restores him to the first DRINK BEFORE THE WAR.
Again, (like guys who have never been coppers) I have to remember that
Lehane is a writer of fiction and has never been a PI. I do like these
books however.

frm Mari Hall found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net

#