Re: RARA-AVIS: question

Robert E. Skinner (rskinner@mail.xula.edu)
Wed, 02 Dec 1998 08:27:28 -0600 jboog@umich.edu wrote:

> Hi. My name is Jason Boog, and lately I have just been lurking, but I
> am
> really interested in this great email group. I watched the movie
> Mulholand Falls this weekend, and I thought the combination of noir
> and
> dread of nuclear weapons was great. I was wondering if anyone knows
> of
> any more films or stories or novels that combine those two elements?
> Any
> opinions on the subject would be welcome too.
There have been several noir/murder novels that take place at Los
Alamos, New Mexico during the Manhattan Project. One is by Martin Cruz
Smith called STALLION'S GATE, which is more noir than mystery. There's
a more recent one, but I can't recall either the title or author.
Someone else on the list will surely know if it.
--
Robert E. Skinner, Director