Re: RARA-AVIS: crime classics

James Rogers (jetan@ionet.net)
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 13:54:03 -0600 (CST) At 11:29 AM 11/30/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi everybody, I'm new to Rara-avis and I'm trying to compile a list of
>classic, hard to find, out of print, hardboiled crime novels from the 30's
>to the fifties.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Bradley Cox

I dunno about hard to find novels, mebbe, but I am dying to find
out about one of the stories reprinted in Tony Goodstone's _The Pulps_. It
was "The Deadly Orchid", I think, and was written by "T.T. Flynn". It seemed
a bit of an imitation Thin Man male -female detective team, with a lot of
"It Happened One Night" type dialogue. Very good. Felt like it would have
been a series. As far as I can tell no one knows anything about this author
or the stories (assuming there were more). I inquired on alt.pulp one time
and got no response.

James
James Michael Rogers
jetan@ionet.net