Re: RARA-AVIS: Big Book of Noir

Ron Clinton (r-and-jclinton@email.msn.com)
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 18:39:40 -0800 I'm glad someone brought this up - I was going to throw out a question on it
in the next night or two. I've heard several comments about THE BIG BOOK OF
NOIR but little about its content. I take it then from Bill's comment, that
it is a non-fiction retrospective and not a fiction anthology? Any other
outstanding articles other than the ones Bill mentioned? Worth the money?

Ron C.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Crider <ACCDOMAIN.STAFF.BCrider@alvin.cc.tx.us>
To: rara-avis@icomm.ca <rara-avis@icomm.ca>
Date: Thursday, November 05, 1998 6:15 AM
Subject: RARA-AVIS: Big Book of Noir

>I just got my copy of THE BIG BOOK OF NOIR, and it's terrific. (I'm not
saying that just because I have a few articles in it.) There's that Ed
Gorman article on Gold Medal books, but there's a whole lot more, including
Ed's meditation on Charles Williams. And Bob Skinner has a really good
article on Donald Hamilton. A lot of the articles are reprints, but having
them gathered in one place is great.

#