Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Hitmen...

Ann Theis (atheis@i2020.net)
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 13:58:35 -0400 Ted White wrote:

> Ron Clinton wants "recommendations on novels with hitmen / assassins
> as the protagonist," and Mark Sullivan offers a number (including
> Thomas Perry's THE BUTCHER'S BOY and SLEEPING DOG, favorites of mine).
>
> But these are all serious books.

I agree with those praising Thomas Perry, great writer (though I like
Metzger's Dog best - no hit men though). But before categorizing
Trevanian's Sanction books as "serious" you might want to read PW's
rather interesting interview with Trevanian from Aug 10, 1998:
http://www.bookwire.com/pw/features.articles$25364

And, you can also check out the Trevanian info page:
http://www.godwarf.com/karma/trevanian/trevania.html which offers some
speculation about Trevanian's identity.

Ann,
Overbooked: http://freenet.vcu.edu/education/literature/bklink.html