RE: RARA-AVIS: List of Best Of

Enrique Bird (ebird@gmgroup.com)
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 10:15:06 -0400 I did not consider The Big Clock, Kenneth Fearing as a hardboiled novel.
If it is, I would re-rank these as:

11 best hardboiled novels (I refuse to take out any of my
choices!):

1. The Maltese Falcon, Dashiell Hammett
2. The Big Sleep, Raymond Chandler
3. Farewell, My Lovely, Raymond Chandler
4. The Galton Case, Ross MacDonald
5. A is for Alibi, Sue Grafton
6. D is for Deadbeat, Sue Grafton
7. The Chill, Ross MacDonald