RARA-AVIS: A little annoyed

David White (dpwhite@eden.rutgers.edu)
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 10:41:28 -0400 (EDT) Okay, I see how it is... You guys are classic lovers, and can't stand some
up-to-date stuff (that's fine, I'm not criticizing)... But let me put it
this way... No matter how his books have gone down hill... Parker is still
one of the best writers on the market today... He has the best modern PI
out there, that I've read (Vachss' Burke is Batman w/o the costume)... and
the Chandler estate asked him to write Poodle Springs, and Perchance to
Dream... THEY ASKED HIM... From where I'm standing, he did a darn good
job... certainly his books are a little more light-hearted, but hey, the
man knows how to write... His Marlowe's aren't arrogant, they are
tributes... Who else out there has the talent and knowledge to have done
this? I'm sure someone will back me up...

-Dave

#