Re: RARA-AVIS: Novelist Bill Crider

Mari Hall (found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net)
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 06:44:27 -0500 Of course, Mr. Crider is that author who got his start by writing (I
think) Nick Carter books, well near eough anyway.
Hails from that great Texas town of Mexia, but now resides at Alvin
(near Houston--home of Nolan Ryan) where when he is not writing teaches
at Alvin Junior College. You'll find Bill is one of the most
knowledgable persons about old-time writers and is probably one of the
first to obtain a PhD by the study of (can't exactly recall--but think
it was) one of the old-time writers discussed here lots. Anyway, what
this started out to say was Crider is hard-boiled---he wrote a book
called Blood Marks a few years ago. Even if he has slipped to cozies
with the weatherman and the bed and breakfast books he still writes a PI
series.
P.S. his beautiful wife Judy is a person to be known in her won right.
Greet them at B'con.
from Mari Hall found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net

#