Re: RARA-AVIS: New York: Ideas?

Don Cannon (dcannon1@ix.netcom.com)
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 13:03:37 -0500 (CDT) Bill wrote:

>Is there any sort of mystery lover's guide to New York, preferably
>with a lot of hardboiled background? I don't have any plans to visit
>Gotham, but I sure read about it a lot and all those neighbourhoods
>are confusing. I'd love to see something with some maps, some
>history, locations marked out, walking tours, that kind of thing.

Alzina Stone Dale wrote a MYSTERY READERS GUIDE TO NEW YORK, published
by Passport. She also wrote one for Chicago and Washington DC. I
believe that she won an Edgar for one of them. The walking tours, and
there are a number of them, identify places that are scenes in
mysteries. She tells a little about the relivant book as well.

I don't remember how hard boiled it is.

Don Cannon
#