Re: RARA-AVIS: Lutz/Adams & Weeding

Ann Theis (atheis@i2020.net)
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 18:46:20 -0400 William Denton wrote:
Perhaps you could organize a special
> display? Maybe put up some "If you liked Patricia Wentworth, you'll
> love Charles Willeford" type signs. That ought to boost circulation
> for a week or two - and then give the librarians some amusing
> complaints.

Tempting, very tempting. On the second thought, I get enough complaints
to deal with - the video Bound has been the latest target.
And that reminds me that someone asked about lesbian mysteries -
consider Abigail Padgett's new book Blue and Stella Duffy (published by
Serpents Tail). BTW, if anyone on the list has read anything by Duffy,
I'd like to hear about it. Since I've contended with previous complaints
about lesbian mysteries I expect to hear about hers. I'm taking Calendar
Girl to read, but it may be awhile before I get to it.

I'm working on a booklist of Tough Guy books to try to boost
circulation.
I'd be happy to email anyone interested the draft list of authors for
comment/suggestions.

It has been really interesting (to me at least) to see what y'all think
about libraries...

Ann
#