Re: RARA-AVIS: Sallis

Peter Walker (pw@pw.cablenet.co.uk)
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 21:27:22 +0000 Mark Sullivan wrote:
>Long-Legged Fly by James Sallis is one of my favorite recent PI books.
Me too. Love all his stuff. He recently had a short called "Memories"
published in "Crimetime" (details on request) and it made me wonder
if he was the new Raymond Calver (que discussion on crime writing as
literature)
>Sallis's recent spy book, but the one review I saw didn't think much of
>it.
Take it from me - if you will - it is absolutely F***ing brilliant.
"Death Will Have your Eyes" is, according to my mate Paul and me
"..the best ***** book in the whole ***** world" but a more sober
judgement would be that it is at least as good as the others and if ,
on my rec, you get it and don't like it I'll refund the cost of the
book. Honest.