Re: RARA-AVIS: Sallis

Words from the Monastery (
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 06:31:22 -0400 At 09:11 PM 9/8/98 -0700, Frank D wrote:

>My, Clancy stirred up more discussion than most and he's not even
>hard-boiled. Or maybe he is. I'd ask but I don't want to add fuel to the

I think most of his characters are when in action ... but in the overall
atmosphere of the book, no. Hard-boiled did encompass spies in the past ...

volente Deo,

Anthony or ICQ #3717510

"Year in which all mobile-phone companies will be federally
required to be able to locate callers to within 125 feet:
2002" -- Harper's Index, June 1998
# To unsubscribe, say "unsubscribe rara-avis" to
# The web pages for the list are at