Re: RARA-AVIS: Why books are over 200 pages

William Holmes (kenoman@bigfoot.com)
Mon, 7 Sep 1998 23:20:03 -0700 From: MWhite8482@aol.com
Date sent: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 23:34:52 -0400
To: rara-avis@icomm.ca
Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Why books are over 200 pages
Send reply to: rara-avis@icomm.ca

> In a message dated 9/7/98 5:50:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jackechs@erols.com
> writes:
>
> << Considering that Clancy was debriefed by the CIA for his knowledge ... and
> his non-fictional works ... he ain't farming nothing out. Actually, they
> sell like hot cakes everywhere ... big book stores, independents,
> warehouses, mail order, etc. As far as being simplistic ... I'd hate to
> have to read anything you found complex and I'm in the biz which Clancy
> writes about. >>
> I always felt that Clancy pumped out his books at a strange astronomical
> level, and I wondered if he had a team who worked for him.... At least to do
> the reseach... Consider his Op-Centers and such.... Others write the books,
> and he attaches his name...
> #
> # To unsubscribe, say "unsubscribe rara-avis" to majordomo@icomm.ca.
> # The web pages for the list are at http://www.vex.net/~buff/rara-avis/.

Well, I know that this is a little off topic, but it sure seems like
Michener had a cadre of researchers to assist him in his later
works. Does anyone besides me share this opinion?

Bill Holmes

Give me the strength to change the things I can, the grace to accept the things I cannot,
and a great big bag of money. -anon. 13 year old.
#