RARA-AVIS: Queer texts

ejm duggan (ejmd@mcmail.com)
Mon, 07 Sep 1998 01:39:03 -0700 On Sun, 6 Sep 1998, 7ANONYMEINC@webtv.net (Mark Sullivan) wrote:

[SNIP]

> I keep seeing all those books in their little ghetto and was wondering
> which, if any, might be good and/or hardboiled.

I've not read it [yet], but I think Barbara Wilson's _Gaudi Afternoon_
is generally seen as something of a high point among queer texts.

Look out also for Mary Wings 'She Came...' series:
eg, _She Came in a Flash_; _She Came Too Late_.

You may already be aware of Sally Munt's full length study, entitled
_Murder by the Book?_ which gets a bit dense in places but is generally
useful, not least because it's the only full length study dealing with
lesbian crime fiction. It *is* by a lesbian, but don't worry, it's well
footnoted ;->

ED