Re: RARA-AVIS: Bukowski's Pulp

James Rogers (
Sat, 5 Sep 1998 21:55:36 -0500 (CDT) At 10:55 AM 9/5/98 -0700, you wrote:
>On Fri, 04 Sep 1998, Orpheus <> wrote:
>> stumbled upon Pulp. Has anyone read this, and is it worthwhile?
>Yes, and not really--imho.

I remember once geting loaded with an instructor of mine (a
moderately well-known poet himself)and asking him how he felt about
Bukowski. He said, "He's quite good; very funny" and then, after a pause,
asked 'have you ever read even one fucking thing by him that actually moved
you?" I had to allow that I had not. He said, "Well, but that's what it's
all about, isn't it? I mean , why bother?"

James Michael Rogers
Mundus Vult Decipi

# To unsubscribe, say "unsubscribe rara-avis" to
# The web pages for the list are at