Re: RARA-AVIS: definitions

ziggy nix (ziggy@wilmington.net)
Wed, 02 Sep 1998 18:34:13 -0400 here is what i have figured out so far about the reference:
Mistral was written in 1931, Spencer's movies by this time were:
1930 UP THE RIVER
1931 GOLDIE
1931 QUICK MILLIONS
1931 SIX CYLINDER LOVE

i am not familar with any of these movies.....so it could have been a
play, or a second 'Spencer' course i will have to form a 'William Denton
Commission' and see if there is a possible second "spencer' hidden in the
grassy knoll of hard-boiled writing.

next here's the paragraph it occurs in:

I turned the photo over and read:

Anthony (Tony) Senna. Chicago, September 1926. Jackie Marks'
bodyguard until Marks was machine gunned out, in march 1927.
Murder suspect. Indicted three times-no convictions. Beer. Mixed
up in Spencer Tracy kill. Not indicted. Dropped out of sight for year
in early 1928. Turned up in Los Angeles on gambling barge in June, 1930.

my only other explaination, which is a strange one is that Whitfield took
or picked a name and it just so happens that Spencer Tracy the actor had
the same name......i have no idea if they knew one another or not.....

so that's it for me.
ciao,
ziggy