Sharman/Timlin (was: RARA-AVIS: peter corris & mark timlin)

ejm duggan (ejmd@mcmail.com)
Tue, 01 Sep 1998 20:18:18 -0700 On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, ANONYMEINC@webtv.net (Mark Sullivan) wrote:

> Secondly, I picked up a Mark Timlin or two. Can anyone help me with the
> order of the Nick Sharman books? Is there character development through
> them, in other words, will they be enhanced if I read them in order?

There is some character development, but I'm not sure reading 'em in
order will be particularly beneficial. In fact, it might be
counter-productive.
First, you'd have to get 'em all, then you'd have to sort 'em into the
right order, and only then could you read 'em. This could be most
frustrating.
Probably best to read 'em as and when you find 'em.
So, I'm not sure of the order, but there are twelve listed on the blurbs
on the 3 Timlin paperbacks I have. They are:

A Good Year for the Roses
Romeo's Tune
Gun Street Girl
Take the A-Train
The Turnaround
Zip Gun Boogie
Hearts of Stone
Falls the Shadow
Ashes By Now
Pretend We're Dead
Paint it Black
Find My Way Home

There's also a collection of shorts, which includes some Sharman
stories, entitled _Sharman and other Filth_

I found the short story collection and Paint it Black in a remainder
shop in Greenwich about a year and a half ago. Pound each. When I got
back to the car I found I'd been ticketed 8=}

BTW, do you have any hard-boiled anecdotes or intersting book-shop
stories from your trip to the smoke?

ED