Re: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled Road Trips

ejm duggan (ejmd@mcmail.com)
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 10:06:57 -0700 On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Ranjan Bagchi wrote:

> : Kind of a digression, I suppose, but I'm wondering if anyone knows
> : of particular books-on-tape which serve the hardboiled genre well.
> : I'm going on a cross-country drive in a week and well.. driving in
> : Nebraska's an experience.

Hell, just get outta th' car an' talk t' th' locals.
Or flag down a cop car and ask the cop if he thinks he's tough.
Harboiled enough for ya?

Actually, Radio Spirits offer old radio serials on audio cassette.
You could pick up some of the Adventures of Sam Spade.
Not exactly hard-boiled (more hokum) but certainly good fun for a drive.
They might even have some of the Cornell Woolrich radio adaptations.
I don't have a URL for Radio Spirits, but you should be able to find 'em
with a search engine.

ED