Re: RARA-AVIS: Broadly speaking

ejm duggan (ejmd@mcmail.com)
Sat, 22 Aug 1998 17:16:56 -0700 On Sat, 22 Aug 1998, RMINOT@aol.com wrote:

> Gender, re writer and reader, has plenty to do with the genre. Despite a
> couple of poor examples of "hardboiled" female detectives suggested in earlier
> postings, in my opinion there is no such thing in the current definition. If
> this is a men-only group, then I will politely unsubscribe.

This is certainly not a male-only list, so please don't unzubscribe.
By all means start up a thread on genre and genre.
If you can add to the list of hardboiled female characters, please do.
Jump into 'the definition debate' too.

I didn't mean to cause any offence with my earliler post, and hope none
was taken.

Eddie Duggan