Re: RARA-AVIS: Chemical Dependence and Hard-Boiledness (was:

Words from the Monastery (jackechs@erols.com)
Sat, 15 Aug 1998 16:16:16 -0400 At 04:03 PM 8/15/98 , William Denton wrote:

> like the hard-drinking Danny Boy and Mick) in a franchised coffee
> house.

Definitely not a franchised coffee house ... but there's a place on P
Street west of Dupount Circle in DC which is in a gutted out retail space
called the Soho Tea and Coffee ... there's a mix of chair and table types
including a couch and some cast iron tables that will sever a knee cap
brought against them with enough force ... the whole place gives over an
appearance of used and abused ... the tiles were pulled up from the
concrete floor with little else down afterward ... lines from the glue
forming waving checkerboard patterns. There's also some local art ...
alternative jams on the air ... it's the farthest you can get from the
cookie cutter Star Bucks of your worse nightmares.

----
volente Deo,

Anthony
jackechs@erols.com or ICQ #3717510
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/4640/

"I am an innocent man / Oh yes I am / An innocent man"

- Billy Joel
#