Re: RARA-AVIS: Willeford

Ned Fleming (ned@networksplus.net)
Tue, 04 Aug 1998 01:58:48 GMT On Sat, 1 Aug 1998 09:55:53 +0000, Peter Walker wrote:

>I cannot agree that Willefords bad guy's are 'unbelievable'. They are
>scary,weird and bad precisely because they are very real people.

Criminitily, you have an overactive imagination . . . or else we run in
circles of wholly different people. You might want to write a book about
these real people.

>Also:
>"They're all worth reading as minor entertainments."
>
>Honestly, there's nothing 'minor' about them. They are amongst the
>best the genre has to offer. Cannot thing of many who could stake a
>claim to be 'mayor' if these are 'minor'.

I don't give a shit about the genre, but I get the drift from reading
Willeford he would be cackling like a hen at you for thinking him a
highfalutin "major" author. It's pulp, man. It's $4.50 pulp, but it's
still pulp. Won't no one remember Willeford 100 years from now.

--
Ned Fleming
#