Re: RARA-AVIS: "The rain rained..." (Rec. reading)

Peter Walker (pw@pw.cablenet.co.uk)
Phil wrote:
> In the 6 years that I've lived at my current address, I'm the only
> person to have hired "Get Carter" from the local video store - about
> twice a year as well. It's a film which stronly resonates with me for
> some reason (as it seems to do for people from the UK) and, in some
> ways, can be compared to the filmed version of "Point Blank" which
> resonates with many US folk in a similar way (I think). They're both
> terrific films... Maybe the best filmed hard boiled I've seen.

"Crimetime" (issue 9) did a brillaint issue in the great film -
interviewed Mike Hodges and Ted Lewis's widow and a load of other
stuff. Well worth a look. While I recommend you buy a back copy from
Crimetime (detalis from me if you want) I will send photocopies to
those of you who are UK based and want to e-mail me with your snail
mail address.

Having said that both the book and the film are excellent so lets
make it the rec reading !!!!