Re: RARA-AVIS: Non-US Writers

Reed Andrus (randrus@home.com)
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 20:12:29 -0700 Mark Sullivan wrote:

> I also enjoy the Disher books. Thanks for bringing them up, you
> reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask. I'm a serious
> sucker for series following professional criminals, but there aren't too
> many of them. So can anyone help me find more?
>
> Here are the ones I know of: Max Alan Collins' Nolan series; Disher's
> Wyatt series; and, of course, Stark's (Westlake's) Parker series (and,
> sorta, his Grofield series). And then there are a lot of one-shot
> capers like White's The Killing. I'm interested in them, too, but am I
> unaware of any series?

Frank McAuliffe's three Augustus Mandrell books: OF ALL THE BLOODY
CHEEK, RATHER A VICIOUS GENTLEMAN, and I can't remember the other.
Mandrell is a professional assassin, so that may not count depending on
you definition of "criminal." These may be hard to find -- I've seen one
in a recent Jeff Meyerson catalog, but no others for a few years.

... Reed
#