Re: RARA-AVIS: "The rain rained..." (Rec. reading)

pHilT (pturnbul@ozemail.com.au)
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 07:55:50 +1000 Mark Sullivan wrote:

> Even if you don't get the book, though, see the movie. It's called Get
> Carter (hence the title change on the book) and stars Michael Caine at
> his best.

In the 6 years that I've lived at my current address, I'm the only
person to have hired "Get Carter" from the local video store - about
twice a year as well. It's a film which stronly resonates with me for
some reason (as it seems to do for people from the UK) and, in some
ways, can be compared to the filmed version of "Point Blank" which
resonates with many US folk in a similar way (I think). They're both
terrific films... Maybe the best filmed hard boiled I've seen.

PHil : pturnbul@ozemail.com.au
No Night Sweats : http://ozemail.com.au/~pturnbul