Re: RARA-AVIS: Poodle Springs

Words from the Monastery (jackechs@erols.com)
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 11:43:22 -0400 I liked it ... was pleasantly surprised actually and will most likely either
tape it or watch it when it repeats tomorrow night ... is it Marlowe? Eh, it
could be ... at least one way he could have turned out. I haven't read the
novel version and since I never expect nor should anyone expect for that
matter that a movie adaptation be the same as the book it doesn't bother
me. I read the book adaptations of both the movies SEVEN and TWELVE MONKEYS
... these were written after the fact (using the script) and they didn't
follow the movie either on little things. I've started reading how-to books
on screen writing and they are very specific about the fact that it
shouldn't be the same ... no real logical reason other than the concept that
it can't be down the same way ... no shit ... there are differences which
you expect, but changing a character from being married in their back story
to not being married (in the case of SEVEN) is totally pointless.

--
volente Deo,

Anthony http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/4640/
Don't let anyone rent space in your head!