Re: RARA-AVIS: On posting fiction here...

Larry Rickert (lrickert@ix.netcom.com)
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 15:01:13 +0000 Anthony wrote:

> That was true ... five years ago, but today it's extremely rare to find
> anyone who pays by the minute and does not have unlimited access ...
> frankly, those who don't have unlimited access have far more to worry about
> than a few extra emails ... email was built for text and for far slowly
> modems than we have now ... it moves fast and quick.

Even if this were true, we don't all have unlimited time. Also, the
net posesses its own 'netiquette'. For items such as this which
constitute long posts, it's much more polite to post a brief message
asking those who are interested in seeing a long item (story, binary
file, etc.) to request it via private e-mail. This should keep
everybody happy.

Larry

Larry Rickert
PC Training and Consulting