Re: RARA-AVIS: On posting fiction here...

Words from the Monastery (jackechs@erols.com)
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 21:38:09 -0400 At 08:56 PM 7/19/98 -0400, you wrote:

>The recipient - and every stop along the way - still has to pay for
>receiving the message. This is one reason why many lists (like this
>one) don't allow binary postings (which always seem to be of enormous
>sound or movie files). The "delete it if you don't want it" argument
>doesn't hold, I'm afraid.

That was true ... five years ago, but today it's extremely rare to find
anyone who pays by the minute and does not have unlimited access ...
frankly, those who don't have unlimited access have far more to worry about
than a few extra emails ... email was built for text and for far slowly
modems than we have now ... it moves fast and quick.

----
volente Deo,

Anthony
jackechs@erols.com or ICQ #3717510
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/4640/

I'm a cereal killer on the lam from Special K ... you?
#