Re: RARA-AVIS: On posting fiction here...

James Rogers (jetan@ionet.net)
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 20:21:13 -0500 (CDT) At 08:56 PM 7/19/98 -0400, Bill Denton wrote:
>On Sun, 19 Jul 1998, Words from the Monastery wrote:
>
>: Well, I find the opposite to be true myself ... you can delete it if
>: you don't want to read it ... nothing aggressive about that at all.
>: Now of course ... that's just my opinion.
>
>The recipient - and every stop along the way - still has to pay for
>receiving the message. This is one reason why many lists (like this
>one) don't allow binary postings (which always seem to be of enormous
>sound or movie files). The "delete it if you don't want it" argument
>doesn't hold, I'm afraid.
>

>Bill

Well, I don't mean to sound unduly "aggressive" but if we are
doing a head count I prefer not to receive fiction via E-mail. For one
thing, my reading time is locked up enough that I couldn't do justice to the
author.....I can't even keep up with the schedule we have.

James
James Michael Rogers
jetan@ionet.net

#