Re: RARA-AVIS: Hard-boiled politics (Was: Short administrative

James Rogers (jetan@ionet.net)
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 15:50:29 -0500 (CDT) At 02:58 PM 7/13/98 +0000, The persona-less Mr. Rickert wrote:

>In addition to enjoying hard-boiled stuff, I enjoy the work of Robert
>E. Howard, who I consider to be a hard-boiled stylist in much of his
>fantasy/adventure work. I think that Howard employs many of the
>elements of the hard-boiled style, though his stories are set in
>other milieus.
>
>So, I guess my question is: can this type of fiction be hard-boiled?
>I'm interested in all opinions.
>
>Larry

Hey! I didn't know you was on dis list!

Actually REH did write a couple of mysteries, although he hated both
them and the genre as a whole. Be interesting to read 'em and see if they
were HB or cozy types (hard to imagine, that last).

James
James Michael Rogers
jetan@ionet.net

#