Re: RARA-AVIS: Short administrative note.

Teresa Cecchetti (marioter@bellatlantic.net)
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 07:15:57 -0400 Two novels on war fear and Japanese interment - Snow Falling on Cedars by
David Guterson. Setting is Puget Sound. Excellent read and has what I think
is a hardboiled journalist protagonist. The other is 'Obassan' by Joy Kowaga,
setting in Canada and more graphic in it's detail of their particular
conditions during interment.
Teresa

J. Alec West wrote:

And, beyond asking for a mystery novel recommendation specific
to the topic of war fear (and explaining why I asked), I implied nothing
further. I'd still be interested in such a recommendation (if such a novel
exists). But, if no recommendation is forthcoming, that's fine too.

#