Re: RARA-AVIS: _The Burnt Orange Heresy_

Maki Nakada (makihna@ga2.so-net.or.jp)
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 07:21:48 +0900 (JST) At 1:26 PM 98.7.8, William Denton wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Jul 1998, Maki Nakada wrote:
>
> : I hated Figueras although I understood him, wanted to be him. It
> : was very queer feeling. I can say the same thing almost all
> : Willeford's maincharacters.
>
> Wanted to be him? I'm glad you're on the other side of the Pacific!

Oh....I'd love to meet you some day on your side of the Pacific.

> They might show you an insane guy who knows
> he's insane, or show how he descends into madness while trying to
> justify each action along the way. Willeford's sociopaths don't even
> care, they just break fingers and hide dead 14-year-olds, and tell you
> about it in a deadpan style.

You supply my insufficient expression, thank you.
Also about THE BURNT ORANGE HERESY,
I understand Figueras 's irritation for Berenice.
I envy his ambition and talent.

> One other thing about Willeford I just remembered: I can't remember
> which Mosely book it's in, but there's a section where he's sent up to
> a farm to investigate missing people. He finds out they've been
> murdered, and ends up in a fight with one or two people who run the
> farm.

It is THE WAY WE DIE NOW.

> I remember thinking, "Jesus Christ, this
> is one of the most violent things I've ever read." It was a short,
> powerful explosion of fists and sticks and blood, then Hoke goes back
> to Miami and carries on with work.

I remeber the part . I was so frightened that I almost threw the book.
It was after I was depressed to read the previous episode - the 3 years
old boy ,diet coke & sandwiches.
I Wrote that it was very frnny the chapter4 in SIDESWIPE, but I should
add it's the hair-raising after chapter16.

Anyway, as I re-read Willeford, I find something I'd not realized before.

I still hope many people could get THE BURNT ORANGE HERESEY.
I was very happy to read the mail from Mr. Mark Sullivan.

Maki

Maki Nakada(aka, Hirotsuji)
makihna@ga2.so-net.ne.jp

#