Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Carroll John Daly....

Peter Walker (pw@pw.cablenet.co.uk)
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 21:42:34 +0000 Eddie, what can I say?

> Peter Walker wrote:
> > Royal bad guy is proving to be a killer...
> > I've got:
> >
> > 1st word (7) _ _ _ _ R _ _
> >
> > 2nd (2) O _
> >
> > 3rd (4) _ _ I _
> (p)(a) (n)???
>
> > All the letters here are definate.
>

> HHmmmmmmm .... How about (I'm guessing wildy here):
>
> > 1st word (7) e m p e R o r
> >
> > 2nd (2) O f
> >
> > 3rd (4) _ _ I _
> (p)(a) (n)???
>

> Where does the CJD angle come in?
>
> I looked at The Black Mask Boys (again) to double check the titles of
> the CJD stories published in Black Mask. Nolan also lists the CJD
> novel titles derived from BM stories. But alas, no luck in finding a
> title to fit my guess at 'emperor of' _ _ i _
>
> ED

BUT it does fit the 1937 Vee Brown story "Emperor of Evil"
Whoppeee!

Now for:

Get rid of at summit. Then move round paint to do 2,2,2,3

Already got:

Possiblly "Do it on top" but what the hell has that got to do with
crime?