Re: RARA-AVIS: Gar Haywood

Don Cannon (dcannon1@ix.netcom.com)
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 20:49:05 -0500 (CDT) Gar Anthony Haywood won the Anthony, in 1996, for his short story "And
Pray Nobody Sees You" which appears in Spooks, Spies, and Private Eyes,
edited by Paula L Woods, Doubleday. His first novel Fear of the Dark
won the Private Eye Writeers of America Award for 1987.

APNSY is written in 1st person and is an outstanding short story IMHO.
Short stories are probably a pretty good way to try ones hand at
writing from a new point of view.

Woods also does an excelent job with SSaPE, which is a book of black
mystery, crime and suspence fiction of the 20th century. Many of the
authors she anthologises were not known to me before this book.

Don Cannon

#