Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Kinky Friedman

Mari Hall (found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net)
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 09:51:36 -0500 Of course, the Kinkster is from Texas (actually the hill country of
central texas). He is very accessable when he comes to sign books, so
be sure to tell him you are an admirer and ask him to write something
just for you in your book (if you so desire) and he will graceously do
so. The funniest time I saw him was at The Mystery Bookstore in Dallas.
There were more people there than for Colin Dexter (the second biggest
signing up to that point) and most of the "rich" types were ladies who
as small girls had been to summer camp at his father and uncle's camp
when Kinky was also a shy child. What can you say--Kinkster is just like
his detective. But never miss an opportunity to see him in person. He
always performs some music and brings his guitar and signs.

from Mari Hall found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net

#