Archives (was Re: RARA-AVIS: What is a 'dickless reality'?)

William Denton (buff@vex.net)
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 11:59:47 -0400 (EDT) On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, ejm duggan wrote:

: I don't know how long it takes for this stuff to get archived ...

Messages are archived on arrival at my mailbox - I use procmail to
take one copy and process them through hypermail and drop another copy
in my inbox. This is much better than the old monthly batch job.

Another way to see past messages is to send mail to majordomo@icomm.ca
and say "index rara-avis" or "index rara-avis-digest". The first will
show you monthly collections and the second daily digests. You can
pick which file you want and then say, for example, "get rara-avis
rara-avis.9710" (October 1997) or "get rara-avis-digest v02.n010" (the
digest generated on 7 August 1997). The monthly Majordomo archives
range from 50-730K, so watch out.

The web archives are up at

<URL:http://www.vex.net/~buff/rara-avis/archives/>

Hypermail does a fairly good job of threading, but because of the
digests and bad mailers it's not perfect.

Bill

--
William Denton | Toronto, Canada | http://www.vex.net/~buff/ | Caveat lector.
            "Let's keep the party polite."