RARA-AVIS: "abbreviation"/Leigh Brackett

michael david sharp (msharp@umich.edu)
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 09:03:13 -0400 (EDT) "Abbreviation" doesn't seem specific enough. I think of "abbrev." and
"ltd." as abbreviations -- they stand in for single words. Isn't there a
more specific term for "abbreviations" like ACLU and MLA?

On another subj., does anyone know where I can find a list of Leigh
Brackett's crime stories? I have two bibliographies of her work, but one
is sci-fi slanted and lists NO crime stories, and the other (20c. Crime
and Mystery Writers) doesn't list any either. I have two such
stories (reprinted in recent anthologies of Crime Fiction); and I'd like
to know how many others there were. Thanks, Michael

#