Re: RARA-AVIS: dickless realities?

MARK SULLIVAN (ANONYMEINC@webtv.net)
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 22:47:15 -0400 (EDT) --WebTV-Mail-544133729-47

You are right, I do tend to be far better read in the later hardboiled.
So while I was wrong in positing a uniform ideology among the first
generation, you still seem to agree that all of these writers exhibit
ideology of one sort or another, whether it is one man against society,
one man working for society, a corrupt society which corrupts all, a
mixed up society continuall in flux, etc. Even just trying to entertain
reveals an ideology--sorry to get a little semiological on you all, but
escapism contains the structuring absense of that which is being escaped
from.

Mark

--WebTV-Mail-544133729-47