RARA-AVIS: The Bogie Man

sarah matthews (ejmd@mcmail.com)
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 21:49:35 -0700 On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, "daniel Sevitt" <sevitt@infolink.net.il> wrote:

> Now this takes me back. A super story about a lunatic who is obsessed with
> Humphrey Bogart and sees mystery in everyday events. Written by Alan Grant
> who has done excellent work with Batman.

Yes, this really is super stuff. I'm not generally taken with funny
stuff (not that I don't have a sense of humour: I regularly fall about
at _Bottom_ and _Alan Partridge_) but I found myself laughing out loud
at this story.

> The BBC made a one off TV movie of The Bogie Man

Yes, this is blurbed on the back, but I don't recall ever being aware of
the BBC transmitting it.

> That's enough for now, but I
> must get my mum to dig up the BBC preview copy of the movie that they sent
> me for some now-forgotten reason.

Do you think your mum would make me a copy, or possibly even send it to
me so I can get a copy run off?

ED

#