Fwd: Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Raymond / Robin Cook

MARK SULLIVAN (ANONYMEINC@webtv.net)
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 21:28:45 -0400 (EDT) --WebTV-Mail-762967232-4912

--WebTV-Mail-762967232-4912

From: ANONYMEINC@webtv.net (MARK SULLIVAN)
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 21:03:58 -0400 (EDT)
To: etienne@singnet.com.sg (Etienne Borgers)
Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Raymond / Robin Cook

Me again, thanks for filling in some of my gaps. Anyone know if either
of these films is available in the States? I'm going to start looking
as soon as I finish this.

One correction, though. "Not Till The Red Fog Rises" is not a Factory
novel. It is a Goodis-style thriller (down to the cover with a
shirtless man and a bra-wearing woman, but both still wearing guns,
lying on a bed with an empty glass between them) about a convict, Gust,
whom no one will leave alone upon his parole after 10 years in prison.
Of course, he has to pull one more scam, involving blank passports,
which adds international intrigue.

The jacket copy notes that the first four Factory novels were soon to be
adapted by BBC TV. That was in '94. So let me add my voice to Frank
Glenewinkel who asked about them: Were they ever finished? If they
were, does anyone know if they aired and if anyone (PBS? A&E?) has plans
to bring them to the States? Maybe that would bring his books back into
print over here.

Mark

--WebTV-Mail-762967232-4912--
#