Re: RARA-AVIS: Amazon.com Top 50 Hard-Boiled

Harry Levy (halevy@m1.sprynet.com)
Sat, 06 Jun 1998 18:46:39 -0400 At 05:04 PM 6/6/98 -0400, you wrote:
>It was the inclusion of her work that got me too ... definitely amongst the
>private eye greats, but not truly hard-boiled.
>
>At 03:06 PM 6/6/98 -0400, Harry Levy wrote:
>>Bill,
>>
>>Can someone please define hardboiled from the list's perspective? Sue
>>Grafton's Kinsey Milhone is great but I wouldn't've called her hardboiled,
>>largely because she's so self-deprecating and introspective.
>>
>>Harry

Bill,

I just noticed the subject header of your post -- I'd entered the thread
late -- I hadn't realized that the "hard boiled" characterization was an
Amazon.com decision and not the list's. This was probably just a marketing
decision -- Amazon, for example, has Psychological Suspense as one of the
links for my new book which is definitely a bit of a stretch.

Harry
Harry A. Levy, MD, MPH
Executive Editor
Cyberounds