RARA-AVIS: Hard-Boiled and Sensitive

Harry Levy (halevy@m1.sprynet.com)
Tue, 26 May 1998 13:11:14 -0400 At 11:22 AM 5/26/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Frederick Zackel wrote:
>>
>> Speaking of wondeful new hard-boiled writers, I truly like Richard Barre.
>> I've read all three of his books (The Innocents, Bearing Secrets and his
>> new one The Ghosts of Morning) and give him my highest recommendation.
>
>Yes, I read it over the long week-end. Good stuff. He is a writer to
>watch. Is like the "old" PI's. I can't stand all the newbie's who have
>lots of personal problems and don't keep their minds on business. My
>second fave is probably Loren Estleman's Amos Walker.

Hi,

My name is Harry Levy, I'm a new member, a preventive medicine doctor and a
"newbie" writer. I'm a Jim Thompson fan and Ross Thomas fan (I hope he's
considered hard boiled?). In my new book, Chain of Custody, I tried to be
hard boiled and sensitive -- admittedly it's tough for all of us, real
people and fictional, to keep our eyes on the ball in the midst of personal
problems but, if we can, I feel the results are very gratifying.
Harry A. Levy, MD, MPH
Executive Editor
Cyberounds
http://www.cyberounds.com