Re: RARA-AVIS: Voting? VOTING?????

Reed Andrus (randrus@home.com)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 21:12:49 -0700 Mari Hall wrote:

> And has anyone looked at Charles Kneif with his John Caine character who
> is a PI? But sure not "noir". The last book (SAND DOLLARS) I was a
> trifle disappointed in (three explicit sex scenes--makes it romance by
> any name even if he won the PI Contest for the first one)

Actually, I reviewed SAND DOLLARS for Mystery News, and it wasn't
favorable. Lynn Kaczmarek held it out of the March/April issue because
she either had enough reviews already, or I savaged the book too much.
Won't go into much detail, but I'm frankly amazed that you would put
John Caine in the Top Five, much less the Top Ten list of PIs!

... Reed Andrus
Phoenix, AZ (rising)
#