Re: RARA-AVIS: Voting? VOTING?????

Mari Hall (found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 13:26:19 -0500 Mario Taboada wrote:

> Do Joe Gores's DKA novels fit the P.I. genre?
DKA is a detective agency.
Who said Easy Rawlins is a P.I.? Certainly not licensed.
> Dave Robicheaux is a cop (though he was out of the police for a
> while). A cop cannot possibly be a P.I.
Again, Robicheaux is not licensed, but he's not a cop any more; I got
the impression that he was still carrying a badge although I don't think
he can according to Louisiana law, unless he "retired". I liked his
first wife much better than "Bootsie" and a sight better than the
"little guy" (who's a girl)

And has anyone looked at Charles Kneif with his John Caine character who
is a PI? But sure not "noir". The last book (SAND DOLLARS) I was a
trifle disappointed in (three explicit sex scenes--makes it romance by
any name even if he won the PI Contest for the first one)

--
whose DOROTHYL nom is Kate Warne the ex-Pinkerton in
The Woman With the Rose Tattoo by Mari Hall