Re: RARA-AVIS: Ellroy's Dahlia

Mari Hall (found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net)
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 09:31:01 -0500 James Rogers wrote:

> At 11:38 PM 4/18/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >

> >Only question I came away with was, apart from the guy whose daughter
> >accused of being the killer (to sell her book?), were there any other
> >significant "likely suspects"?
> >
> Yes. It is covered in a part of the site and was the subject
> of a book. I gather that he is considerd a "possible" but far from certain.
> As this suspect is deceased the question apears to be somewhat academic.
>
> James
>

> James Michael Rogers
> jetan@ionet.net
>
> #
> # To unsubscribe, say "unsubscribe rara-avis" to majordomo@icomm.ca.
> # The web pages for the list are at http://www.vex.net/~buff/rara-avis/.

Yes, even Mike Newton (who co-authored the DADDY WAS THE BLACK DALIHA
KILLER) said he originally had doubts that this lady was for real (I
think Mike was approached by a publisher or her agent since he does lot
of "work for hire" [think Mack Bolan]. He then looked over her family
papers and documentation and decided to go ahead with the project (he
may do Mack Bolan [you can tell who wrote it because on the copyright
page there is "thanks to . . .] but he won't put his name on any true
crime he doesn't believe.

--
whose DOROTHYL nom is Kate Warne the ex-Pinkerton in
The Woman With the Rose Tattoo by Mari Hall