Re: RARA-AVIS: Greetings and Call for suggestions

ziggy nix (ziggy@wilmington.net)
Thu, 09 Apr 1998 02:12:52 -0400 you might want to try Horce McKoy's "They shoot horses don't
they" and Nathanael West's "miss lonelyhearts". while "miss
lonelyhearts" is not hard-boiled, it has a large amount of speak-
easy scenes and its view of life is similar to that of Eliot's
waste land, though in my opinion "miss lonelyhearts" does not
end with any optimism whereas the waste land does. anywho,
check them out, they're great.

ciao,
ziggy nix