RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS re: Books in the theater

Roger Dowdy (rdowdy@sprintmail.com)
Mon, 06 Apr 1998 15:17:58 -0700 Anthony Smith wrote:

> I disagree about reading something that has a current movie attached to it.
> Maybe it's just personal, but I think it would be a "Which is better/How
> are they different" discussion then. I didn't like RumPunch all that much
> anyway.

I agree with Anthony but perhaps for different reasons. I simply have a
personal bias against reading books that are currently in the theaters.
In fact if a book has at anytime been made into a movie and, after
several years transpiring, I find I'd like to read the book, I'll go out
of my way to purchase an older copy that doesn't have the movie cover on
it.

#